When you undergo a smile makeover at our Denville, NJ practice, we will create a one-of-a-kind treatment plan specifically designed to give you a smile that complements all your best features and helps your confidence soar. Dr. Stephen Lashen, Dr. Jessica Klein, or Dr. Jason Klein will thoroughly examine your teeth, taking x-rays and scans, as needed. Throughout the process, your dentist will explain your treatment options so that you can make a confident decision about your care. He or she will also provide wax-ups so you can preview the stunning results that you can expect from your makeover.
Do You Qualify for a Smile Makeover?
A makeover can improve many different aesthetic concerns and, in many cases, dramatically transform your appearance. You may benefit from this treatment if you struggle with:
- Misshapen or disproportionate teeth
- Dental stains
- A “gummy smile” or an uneven gum line
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
You should be in good oral health before you undergo a smile makeover. If you are suffering from decay or other problems, you will first require appropriate restorative care to ensure the foundation of your smile is healthy.
After you have chosen the procedures that you want to include, your dentist will create mockups of your dental restorations that allow your to preview your results.
Planning Your Smile Makeover
Your dentist will conduct a complete consultation to help you choose the right treatments for your makeover. He or she will begin with a thorough exam. X-rays and digital scans of your jaw may be necessary. In addition, your dentist will discuss your goals for treatment. You should be as specific as possible during your consultation so that your dentist can provide treatment that truly meets your needs. Your dentist can also stage the various procedures if you require an extensive treatment plan, or if it is a better fit for your budget. After you have chosen the procedures that you want to include, your dentist will create mockups of your dental restorations that allow you to preview your results.
What You Can Expect during Treatment
Your smile makeover will be thoroughly unique. Treatment options include:
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers can achieve comprehensive effects all on their own. Combined with other treatments in a smile makeover, the results can be transformative. Veneers will attach to the front of your teeth to conceal flaws and create symmetry. For your convenience, we can also provide same-day composite veneers.
- Teeth whitening: We offer in-office and take-home whitening. Whitening will be one of the first treatments in your makeover. If applicable, we can match your veneers to the enhanced color of your teeth.
- Invisalign®: If you have cosmetic misalignment or a more severe form of malocclusion, Invisalign® may be a good option. Custom-made, comfortable aligners will gently straighten your teeth. Because they are made of clear plastic, those around you probably will not realize that you are wearing the trays. Since they are removable, you can continue to eat any foods you like during treatment.
- Gum contouring: If you have excess gum tissue that makes healthy teeth look worn or underdeveloped, we can partner with a periodontist or oral surgeon to provide gum contouring. Your specialist will use a surgical laser to remove thin layers of tissue, giving you a bigger smile with minimal discomfort and recovery time.
Contact Us for More Information
To learn more about smile makeovers, contact our office today. We believe in the power of a beautiful smile, and will work closely with you to create a smile that helps you look and feel your absolute best.